Sunday, April 19, 2015

Weekend Warrior

Hello Loves!

This week has been extremely rewarding!  I am so proud of myself.  I accomplished my goal and completed all three dresses and a skirt!  Yep.... I did that, literally! :D  Each garment I finish, helps to increase my confidence more and more.  I just need to work on my picture taking abilities.  I HATE taking pictures.  In front of a camera, I'm uncomfortable and awkward.  I nit pick and critique each and every pic which makes it incredibly hard to decide which pics to post.  My hubby even told me that because of this, my best pics are the ones they take of me when I'm not paying attention.  Hopefully that will get better as I continue to blog. 

I don't tell most people that I've made what I'm wearing.   Lately, I've received so many compliments on my outfits, that it has just confirmed for me that I've made the right decision.  Maybe it's the feeling of accomplishment I get from completing my garments but, I feel really good in my clothes.   For someone like me with low self esteem, that's a BIG deal!  I guess, sewing is therapeutically good for me in more ways than one!

Here is the dress I wore to the wedding I attended on Friday.   Vogue 8921 View C
Can I just say, "I LOVE THIS DRESS!!!!"  It's funny though.... because when I completed the dress, I wasn't in love with it on the hanger.  Once, I put it on however, I squealed with delight!  I will definitely be making a sleeveless version for the summer.

On Saturday, my dh requested that I make a red dress since my closet consists of lots and lots of black.  Don't get me wrong, I love all colors but I just don't wear them.  Now, that I am sewing, all of that will surely change.  Anywhoo....   I chose Butterick 5454 View B

There was only one song that played in my head over and over, "Lady in RED....."  This dress was totally out of my comfort zone.  It's candy apple red, smh.... could it be any brighter?!!   I love the dress, but I'm not happy with the fabric I selected.  It's a VERY lightweight ITY Knit.  I feel like my pleats didn't get the props they deserved.  I will make this dress again but with a better quality ITY and I'm going to make a maxi version.  It was a very easy sewing project.  I would highly recommend it for beginners.

Today, I wore Simplicity 1276 View B

This dress is really fitted throughout the bodice.  I love the look and design of this dress.  I plan on making it in the future with the straight skirt and with color variations.  I did however, have a complete blooper with the lining. 

The slant is going in the opposite direction of the dress lol!  I didn't notice until I was completely finished smh....  Oh well, all's fair in pinning and sewing lol!  Bonus, you can't tell from the right side of the dress when its on, so I'm happy to leave it as is.  I will post pics of the skirt on Tuesday when I wear it.  As usual, I will post projects for the week on Monday.  Until then, I hope you have a gratifying week!

Xoxo
Alonda



No comments:

Post a Comment