Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Projects For the Week

Hey Sewinistas/Fashionistas!

I want to start documenting my goals for the week, so six months from now I can see how far I've come.  Before we get into that, I want to explain what prompted the "My Sew Gratifying Life" blog.  Although, I have never sewn any shirts, skirts or dresses, I have sewn scarfs and hair accessories.  One thing that I noticed, which has remained constant, is the stress relief that comes when I sew.  I feel so happy while I'm sewing.... after I've sewn... visiting fabric stores...  I also wanted something that could chronologically keep record of what I make and how my skills grow, so "MSGL" was started.  I originally wanted the blog title to be "Sew Gratifying," but it was taken, and I really wanted to keep Sew Gratifying in the title, so I add "My Life."

What prompted the spark to start making my own clothes?  Well, I got tired of shopping all day and coming home without nothing.  I would have this whole outfit put together in mind's eye and be completely frustrated because I couldn't make that come to fruition.  Another frustration I had was trying to find Thing 1(my oldest daughter), skirts/dresses that come to her knee.  March 2015, I decided that I had had enough and I made my first dress. 

That's all she wrote folks!  I finally have the confidence to attempt the looks that I have been wanting to see myself in!  YAS HONEY!!!!! :D

Ok, on to the projects for the week.  1st up is completing Simplicity 1276  all I have left to do is add the lining.
I have 2 weddings to go to this week.  Here are my selections:



If there is any time left, which I doubt, then I'll attempt one of these selections:

I'll report back how I did later on this week.  Who knows, maybe I'll complete all of them.... yea right lol!  Hope you have a Gratifying week.

xoxo
Alonda

Btw, if your own IG follow me @sewgratifying.


No comments:

Post a Comment