Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Houston.... We Have a Problem

Hello Lovelies!

Well, not much to report.  I have material that is cut and waiting for me to turn it into some beautiful pieces but, my body is not cooperating.  Sigh.... the joys of Aunt lulu.  I probably won't get back to sewing until this flare is over.  What have I been doing since I can't sew?  Watching Project Runway!  I figured, if I can't sew, at least I can watch someone who can! 

Now, I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but..... I have never watched a single episode of Project Runway.  I know.... crazy right?  How on earth did that happen?  I'm not sure...  Funny thing is found Nick Verreos sewing techniques on YouTube very helpful.  I just had no idea he was on project runway!!

In my defense, lol, I'm not the biggest reality television show cheerleader.  I'm more of a problem solving, murder mystery type gal.  I always have been.  I guess it comes from having a father who's a retired police detective. 

In elementary school, of course I read all of the Judy Blume, Beverly Clearly and the like, but I LOVED Nancy Drew and the Hardy boys.  As a kid, I looked forward to watching Kojack, Moonlighting and Murder She Wrote (just to name a few).  Wow, did I really just admit that?  Now don't get me wrong, I also did regular things kids do growing up.  Door knob ditch, football, setting complex garbage cans on fire, etc...  but any type of crime show or detective novel are what I am and have always been drawn to.  My dad would buy these 500+ page mystery novels, have me read them and I would be consumed with it until I finished, which didn't take but a few days to read. 

I love to figure out the who done it and why before the show or movie ends.  My DH says he hates to watch shows with me because I can usually figure it out within the first 10-20 minutes. 

You know the really bad thing is I can't even go fabric shopping...   Oh well, until next time, Have a Gratifying Week!

Smooches
Alonda

No comments:

Post a Comment