Thursday, May 7, 2015

Cheetah Kinda Day

Hello Lovelies!

I am back home sadly.  I really enjoyed a much needed getaway to the lovely state of Georgia.  I ate and ate and ate.  Yea, it was really bad lol!  As mentioned on my last post, I made 2 jumpsuits but was only able to wear one during the trip.

Here is Simplicity 1158


I ordered this cheetah print from fashion fabrics about a month ago.  I love the print and the fabric is lightweight and soft.  Just perfect for the hot Atlanta weather we experienced over the weekend. 
Because I was short on time, I didn't put the elastic in the waist like the directions call for, nor did I follow the 5/8" seam allowance for the slim leg.  I wanted it to be a little more baggy but I didn't want the wide leg look.  I also made it with the belt, which is really hard to see in the pics, and pockets.  I love how the jumpsuit turned out despite the not having elastic in the waist or doing the 5/8" seam allowance on the legs.  The directions were very easy to follow and I plan on making the various versions that the pattern offers.  I highly recommend this pattern.  It's super cute, trendy and easy to sew up! 

Until next time, Have a Gratifying Day!
Alonda


No comments:

Post a Comment